Wine Spectator 93 points, Vol. 11, No. 39, Insider, Oct. 7, 2015 as well as Daily Pick on Dec. 26, 2015!
“Pungent, with aromas of flowers and spices, this apricot-flavored late-harvest white is delicate and intense. There’s a plushness to the texture and excellent length on the aftertaste. Bruce Sanderson. $80/375ml, 100 cases made.”
Alc. 6.8%, Residual sugar 207 g/L, Acidity 4.9 g/L, Sugar-free extract 32.6 g/L.
* Harvested in October 2007, in our first class Betsek vineyard.
* “Cold soak” for 24 hours, followed by gentle pressing.
* Completely natural, local wild yeast fermentation without any nutrient addition.
* Barrel fermented and aged in new Hungarian oak barrels (Kádár Hungary, 225L, light toast) for 29 months.
* 3 barrels blended for final assemblage. Fined and filtered using bentonite/paper filter/membrane.
* Hand bottled on March 12, 2010. Cork: Procork natur Extra 45x24 mm.
* 1,304 bottles produced (500 ml bottles, Renana Vin Santo Antique)
* Aged in bottle for 66 months prior to its release in September of 2015
“Top quality botrytis on Muscat berries is the rarest beauty of Tokaj, but 2007 offered it to us in spades. While part of our gorgeous crop was picked by discriminating thieves ahead of our harvest, what made it into bottle boasts a deep gold hue, with pristine muscat aromatics, a deep profile loaded with mangoes, papaya, guava - the bounty of the tropics. Softer acidity, with a backdrop of mouthcoating sweetness and a nearly unending finish. A flavor-packed, lush vintage - indeed, one of my favorites.”
Simply gorgeous with Epoisses, blue cheese, lobster, foie gras, dried fruit and creme brulee. Or sip by itself!